Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 14: The Circus Comes to Town!

Little Man's first birthday is coming in a couple of months (March 3rd) to more exact, and we are going to have a birthday party for him. It is undecided as to when exactly, but that is okay. We have a few months to decide that, but I am a planner and I love to have some idea of what we are going to be doing... and so I have been looking for ideas as to what we are going to do for his birthday. We are going to have a circus themed birthday party. When he is bigger maybe we will be able to go skiing  or sledding or something like that for his birthday, but he is little and not highly mobile, so we will do it inside. I found some great inspiration from HelloLucky on Spaceships and Laser Beams, Here is another ADORABLE Circus Party and ANOTHER PARTY. Here are some other inspiring pins: Pom Pom Animals and
Food Table Decorations.

My plan is to keep it simple in both decor and food, because I want to be able to enjoy celebrating my son's birthday and I don't want to be making food up until the last minute. There a lot of mom's out there who are super talented and make everything, but that is not really my thing. I am going to try making some pom pom animals for the party, and maybe try making some homemade pretzels, but the rest of it is going to be bought from the store... and it will be great. 

I think party planning is fun, but the goal is too keep it simple so that we can enjoy our time with family and friends, celebrating everyone's survival of the first year. Especially Little Man who has two parents that don't really know what they are doing. 

No comments: