Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 23: What Are You Looking For in a Home, Mama?

We are going to try something a little different tonight (yes, it is night time here). One of my favorite blogs is Apartment Therapy, there are a lot of styles and different pictures and truly great ideas-- though after watching them I feel really overwhelmed, because my house is not a little bungalow or a studio or anything I would peg as very cool. We live in an old, cold farm house that has more quirks than character. Anyway they are doing a style cure this fall, and so I figured I would post my answer to the "interview questions"

These questions all came from Apartment Therapy's style Interview, the responses are all of my own.
Favorite Actor: Ryan Reynolds
favorite actress: Reese Witherspon/ Anne Hathaway
favorite artist: Edgar Degas
Favorite writer: I don't have one, but I do read Nora Roberts sometimes
Favorite Music: Jewel, Pistol Annies, Sunflowers by Everclear
Favorite Restaraunt: (Sawatdees)
Favorite automobile: none
Favorite movie/ tv Show: While You Were Sleeping/ Gilmore Girls
Favorite Clothing Stores: The Limited, Francescas, Banana Republic
Favorite Furniture Store: IKEA

2. Three words to describe your personal style: colorful, comfortable, functional

3.My favorite rooms have been cozy, really comfortable with furniture that meets the needs of the space, and have fun mementos that are visible.

Favorite room from a childhood home: My favorite room ha lots of light and a lot of different pictures of loved ones up.

Favorite room from adulthood home: A room that is comfortable and lived in, but is still pretty and orderly.

4. Whom do you consider a role model: People who are relaxed and fairly casual along with someone who is kind and understanding along with being very smart.

Three characteristics that you admire in that person:
organized, intentional, and welcoming

5. Every home that has spots that are "just right" what three spots in your home do you feel are beautiful and perfect? There are no spots in our house that I am truly in love with 100%. There are different aspects of different places that I like, but nothing feels "just right" a little more tweaking is needed.

6. A month from now, at the end of Style Cure, how would you like friends to describe your home?
cozy, fun, inviting

My take away from this is that I want spaces that are cozy and comfortable, are orderly, and have fun mementos and are orderly. These are completely doable, I will just have to come up with more concrete goals as we go along.  While this is not directly related to being a working mama, it does have a lot to do with where we are in life. When we are not out at things for work, or doing some of our errands we are most likely found at home. Little Man isn't very mobile independently, I am certain that we will be getting to that point very soon.

No comments: