Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 10: Some slow cooker lovin'

I grew up calling a slow cooker a Crockpot, it is the same thing with all facial tissues being Kleenex. 

There was a week after Little Man was first born in which we ate frozen pizzas for a solid week! Sometimes with plates, sometimes with paper towels. That period of time is still fuzzy, and we are super classy.It was during this dark dark time of frozen pizza and meals from a box that we discovered a glorious tool. This tool has become my bff while exploring the road to domestic goddess status. I am not holding my breath that I will ever reach that level of domesticity. I am pretty sure that after my Crockpot wears a cape, because it is constantly saving dinner here! It is so nice to know that I have dinner/ supper already prepared and by the time that we get home from work it will be ready to be eaten. It allows me to focus on my work while I am there and on my family when we are home.

Today's specialty is Zesty BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. I had all of the ingredients on hand and buns that we need to eat. It really was the perfect mix. It smells super delicious! I am going to try pairing it with Honey Cinnamon roasted Sweet potato bites. (both recipes are below). I am all about trying new recipes, but I am a little gun-shy about making anything way out of my league. So I have created a system that seems to work for me. I go to my favorite recipe website(s), type in a few key words and start looking at the recipes. The first step is do they look/ sound good. Second step is making sure I have the ingredients... and Finally, I read the reviews. I don't read all of them unless they are 10 or less, but I will pick reviews at random. I also read reviews, because there are a lot of commentators that great advice about how to prepare it or how to improve it!



No comments: