Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 25: One Bite at a Time

Lately,  I haven't felt like I have had a lot of things to say on the blog, because everything seems to be very ordinary-- Little Man and I do a lot of day to day things like laundry, dishes, playing, and trying to figure out what we can make for supper based off of our very odd pantry staples. Harvest time almost always kills my groove and turns me into a person who is stressed frazzled, and doesn't have enough hours in the day to get anything done. Right now at our house is rush time because we have heard that we are going to get anywhere from 0-16 inches of snow in the next 48 hours... This seems like over kill to me mother nature, but my opinion is irrelevant. Mother Nature is still going to do her thing. So, I am going to turn up the heat a little bit in the house and I am going to try and get a little bit more laundry done. I did pull a lot of unnecessary stuff out of my car this evening when I finally got Little Man settled for the night. This whole teething thing is going to be death of this mama. What I have noticed is that when I am at my whits end with the crying and the teething pain thing... there is a continual urge just for one more snuggle until my frustration subsides.

Which is kind of how I feel about putting my house back together... Yes, there are a lot of things that need to be done and it is totally overwhelming when I put it in the context of what I need to do everyday. When I work on putting my house back together one task at a time, it does seem way more manageble. So, right now even though I am tired and cold I am going to pick a couple of tasks to do-- so that tomorrow I am able to do a couple more tasks and then eventually my house will be put back together. I have to keep in mind that I have a lot of responsibilities, but if I work at things a little bit at a time they go so much better.

I do wish that the snow would be in such a rush to greet us, but it was bound to happen... so I guess that it is better just to get it over with and move on to our next thing. Though, snow does complicate what I was going to wear to work tomorrow, because a dress on the first snow of the year is ALWAYS a bad idea!

No comments: