Thursday, April 17, 2014

My computer is dead...

My computer died! Like I don't think there is any way to revive it dead... which is just fantastic because that means I don't have a computer to which I can upload my pictures. I am going to have to rethink how we are going to do things around here. I'm disappointed but I am sure that we will survive. I just might have to rethink how we are going to blog.... I just wanted to give a little shout out to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about you...

In Other News

LM is currently at 6 weeks old! He is growing so fast, and sadly he has grown out of the super teeny tiny newborn clothing! His pants all of the sudden looked liked shorts, which was a dead give away that he had outgrown them. Starting next week we have two more weeks until I return to work and he begins daycare. He will be in the same building with me (at least for most of the day). I'm sure that it will go well!

I'm officially six weeks postpartum and I have been feeling great! I am enjoying spending my time with little man and we are starting to get a little bit of a routine down, though I will be the first to admit that it is not perfect! A week ago Monday the weather was in the seventies (yesterday we had a blizzard) and even though it was windy we were able to get outside and walk a little bit. I just put him in his little snowsuit. It was nice to not be stuck in the house, and it was good to do some walking. That is what I am most looking forward too, being able to take Owen out in the stroller. I was cleared at my appointment to begin adding more things to our daily life. Which to me sounds fabulous after being on limited movement restrictions since week 8 of the pregnancy. I am only 10 pounds away from my goal weight, which is really exciting. I am not super worried about it, because I know once the weather warms up there will be a lot of room for activity.

I am looking at my wardrobe trying to figure out what I need, since I don't want to spend tons of money on this awkward in between phase.  A lot of my tops do fit me, so I should be good there... I am going to focus mostly on bottoms. I am going to circumvent the pant issue by wearing skirts, it should be warming up here soon weather-wise, which means they will be much more practical. I have one skirt with an elastic band, so I am looking for a couple more that have that flexibility combined with an a-line cut. I am going to check out Clothes Mentor, Goodwill and Savers in a couple of weekends. Hopefully I will find things that work then. I am hoping to find one pair of jeans there. Jeans are the one pant that I am looking for, because I can wear them to work and home... and they really are appropriate for a variety of occasions. I am still planning out my wardrobe, and will be writing a post about it soon on how I plan on transitioning to this new lifestyle through my wardrobe.

Tootles,
XOXO

No comments: