Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Funk

I have been in a funk for awhile now, and I cant really figure out why. I have a few ideas but I am not entirely sure. Maybe my funk has come from my discontent at the University and in the town or maybe it has to do with this horrid case of senioritis that I have developed. You may laugh, but I am convinced that it does exist, and it seems to be hitting a lot of fourth year students especially those that are not graduating this spring. Or maybe its the fact that I don't know what direction my life is headed. I have friends who are getting married, having kids, looking for jobs and graduating. They seem to have a very definite plan whereas I am just kind of chilling out and waiting to see where my life goes. Maybe its the inability to plan that is making me absolutely crazy! Because I am kind of anal retentive that way. I already have a good portion of my spring break planned out. :-D

I was talking to my Mum the other day and she said that I need to be more decisive (but then again she usually says that...) but she also said that I need to be more positive. And so I have been starting a list of things that are positive in my life. And so far I have this list: I have been getting adequate amounts of sleep, I have an amazing roommate Beth, I have awesome friends, Im relatively healthy, my niece and nephew are absolutely adorable. I'm really excited to head to Iowa over Spring Break! I think I just need to get away for awhile and spend time with my friends that I havent seen in a very long time.

Spring Break is fabulous because I need a period of time where I dont have to worry about school or work and I can be carefree because my rent will already be paid and I wont have to worry about any of that.

But it is time for me to head out I have to run some errands and I have more studying left to do today. :-D

No comments: