Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014: Courageous

I was on Pinterest yesterday when one of my friends had pinned this quote onto one of her walls, I think I scrolled past it twice before I actually stopped to read it and, think about it more than a superficial "oh, isn't that nice." kind of way. This quote sums up quite beautifully what I want my theme word for 2014 to be. I want my word to be courageous, because I have so many new tasks coming up this year.
"Do something uncomfortable today. By stepping out of your box, you don't have to settle for what you are- you get to create who you want to become." ~Howard Walstein
I am a twenty-something year old who is a little bit closer to thirty than I care to admit some days, and when you look at how people describe me there are a lot of different descriptions such as teacher, wife, momma (to-be), friend, sister, aunt, etc. All of these adjectives don't describe me as a whole; these adjectives describe different facets of my life that are viewed through a very specific lens.There is a blog that I enjoy following immensely, because of the author's honesty. It is hard to try and figure out what your style is, but to do it in front of others with as much grace as she does is amazing to me. You should check out Audrey's blog Putting Me Together. It is a thoroughly enjoyable read, about making your closet work for you by embracing your lifestyle and your own individual needs. So as I blog this next year I will be creating a journal of my year, and I don't have a specific topic that I will be blogging about, but rather different topics, because here in the middle of nowhere we have a lot of irons in the fire... such as continuing our bathroom remodel. The Doc purchased materials while in town today, there will be some demolition involved, me and the baby will be less involved in the demolition, but I am sure that I will be involved in the putting back together... the unknown arrival date of the baby... Organizing the nursery along with the rest of our house... adjusting to the new roles as parents... I will probably write some about the literacy project that I have been involved in this year, since it has stretched me so much! As I have beenn preparing for baby to come I have also been preparing for post baby, and to be honest I am a little bit disappointed with the information out there about postpartum (a.k.a the fourth trimester) dressing. There are a lot of different adventures popping up this year, and I hope that you stick around to enjoy the ride with me. XOXO

No comments: