Friday, February 19, 2010

Thoughts and Comments on Life

As a young adult who is trying to gracefully enter adulthood there are a lot of things that I have noticed in my life that I am trying to correct or more accurately change positively. I know that corrections are not always positive and definitely don’t have a positive undertone. The things that I am working on changing are very personal, and though I doubt anyone actually reads my blog I am willing to share my thoughts with the hope that someone will stumble across this and find it helpful. Earlier I posted about things to help you improve your life; I am going to narrow it down to what I think is most important on the list. I am not including my comments on why I chose them to be important.
Right now I am at a very flexible time in my life for lack of a better term, I am flexible in the sense that I don’t have any concrete plans about where I will be this time next year, that isn’t to say that I am not planning about things that could potentially happen, I am just saying that I don’t really know for sure. So right now my focus is to live my life with energy, enthusiasm, and empathy. It can be more difficult to live these three qualities when you are unsure of what is going to happen. It is a matter of learning to bloom where you are planted which can be difficult. It is also important to do things like reading and playing games, because those can be lighthearted and can help decrease stress and frustration. I am not nearly close enough to the point of reading more than I did in 2009, but I have lofty ambitions, and more time than I did in Korea. Which is ironic, but good. This year I am in the process of finding a church, I know that it won’t be a church that is my home forever but rather a rest spot if you will; A place for me to grow, learn, and become rejuvenated in my faith and my relationship with Jesus Christ.
A way for me to live life with energy is to ensure that I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. If I don’t get said hours I become very ornery and illogical (if you ask my boyfriend). It also important for me to realize what I will be able to accomplish in the set amount of hours that I have in a day opposed to trying to constantly over schedule myself. I do have this tendency, and it is something that I am working on. I am also working on being more positive which can be easier said than done, but I am noticing progress on this front. There is a line from this email that I truly appreciate, and it is so true because we don’t know what their journey is all about nor do we know what the end result of their journey is suppose to be. It is also a way for me to be more content and appreciative of what my journey is. That isn’t to say that I won’t think that it sucks sometimes. In the spirit of being content I also have kept in mind “Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.” I do have everything I need, and lately I have been reminding myself that getting something new isn’t truly necessary because there isn’t really any place to put it… though I should think about getting a couple pairs of new jeans, because I have managed to wear a few pairs out at work.
I feel like I am finally getting to a point in my life again where I can laugh and smile more, and it can be a genuine expression of how I am feeling. After all of the death that I have experienced starting in August continuing into January I feel like my “new normal” is coming into play and I am feeling less lost.
Something else that I am working on, which has had varied levels of success is “get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.” I am in the process of sorting through 24 years worth of stuff and it can be slightly overwhelming. It is coming along slowly but surely.

No comments: