Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's a Jungle in There!

As of right now (it is 9:55 am) there is no baby, and so I have decided that I am going to use some of this time that I have to work on some projects for the nursery. I have the crib up, the bedding washed and on the bed, I have toys that we have organized, and I have organized the dresser drawers. It is just the little last minute things that need to be done, like hanging up the door curtain (our nursery doesn't have a door and I didn't think it was worth the effort of trying to find a custom made door that would match the rest of them.)We have a crib quilt to hang on the wall, and a changing pad to attach to the dresser. All relatively minor things. Eventually I would like to get an under the crib storage container for things like clothing that is too big or too small and extra diapers and wipes. My feelings are that since we are in such a tiny room we should make use of all of the space that we can. I would like to do a reading nook in the room, I even have the perfect little chair for it, but that is a project for another day. As is the name banner that I want to make for the room. We are not 100% on names for the baby yet, and so that project will just have to wait as well. I do have a fairly good idea of what I want to make. When I asked The Doc what theme we should use to decorate the nursery, his suggestion was jungle animals. So, that is what we have a room filled with monkeys, alligators, giraffes, elephants, turtles (and other assorted animals) in really bright colors! I think it is really fun! I will take pictures of our nursery once everything is ready. Today I am going to be making labels for everything in the nursery (as in the cabinet and the drawers) I have spent so much time working on it that I don't others to be frustrated that they cannot find what they are looking for since it was my pregnancy induced mind that came up with the set up. My plan is to laminate them, my mom is sick and so using her laminator right now isn't going to work. I can just do that later. I have my punch out and at the ready. I love punches, they are just so easy to use!

No comments: